For those feeling the pressure here is a few of our tips along with a website links to help overcome exam/ coursework stress. The feeling will not last forever and try your best to keep it one day at a time. Take control of today as worrying about what might be is counter-productive.
As Portsmouth University graduates ourselves, we remember this difficult time well and wanted to offer some friendly advice that lead to our success.
1) Prioritise/ schedule your time- time management is key
2) Exercise and eat well – food for the brain!
3) Avoid social media (distractions) and focusing on friends or classmates you perceive to be ahead/ behind you- put the focus on yourself. Of course, reach out to friends/ classmates to talk about your stress, share information- we are not suggesting you go at it alone!
4) Schedule your day to have breaks and reward yourself so you have something to work towards!
5) Self belief- give yourself affirmations in the mirror to set the scene for the day. “I am a success” “I can do this” and visualise your graduation day!
Advice is only a suggestion- if the above are not suitable we always go by the motto when offered advice :
“if the hat doesn’t fit don’t wear it!”
We hope you get the results you deserve!